UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2019 Selection Process:
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), for “UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2019 Selection Process” in stepwise explain here in brief:
“UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2019 Selection Process“
Total No of Posts: 581 Posts
Name of Post and Education Qualifications:
➽ Category II-Mechanical Engineering
➽ Category III-Electrical Engineering
➽ Category IV-Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
The examination shall be conducted according to the following plan :
(i) Stage-I: Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination (Objective Type Papers) for the selection of candidates for the Stage-II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage-II) Examination;
(ii) Stage-II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage-II) Examination (Conventional Type Papers) and
(iii) Stage-III: Personality Test
“UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2019 Selection Process”
The Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination will consist of two objective type (multiple choices) questions papers and carrying a maximum of 500 marks (Paper 1 – 200 Marks & Paper II – 300 Marks). Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary/Stage-I Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main/StageII
Examination of that year provided they are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main/Stage-II Examination. The Marks obtained in Preliminary/Stage-I Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main/Stage-II Examination will be counted for determining their final order of merit. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main/Stage-II Examination will be about six to seven time the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through this examination.
- There is four alternative for the answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-third (1/3rd) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- The Engineering Services (Main/stage-II) Examination will consist of two conventional type papers in Engineering Discipline specific with duration of three hours and maximum marks of 600 (300 Marks in each paper).
- The Stage-III will consist of Personality Test carrying 200 Marks.
- Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the Stage-I: Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) and StageII: Engineering Services (Main/Stage-II) Examination as may be fixed by the Commission as per its discretion, shall be summoned by them for Stage-III (Personality Test). The number of candidates to be summoned for Personality Test will be about twice the number of Signature/thumb impression of the person in whose favor certificate of disability is issued vacancies to be filled. The Personality Test will carry 200 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks).
- Marks obtained by the candidates in the Stage-I:(Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination, Stage-II:(Main/Stage-II) Examination and Stage-III (Personality Test) would determine their final ranking. Candidates will be allotted to the various services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preference expressed by them for the various services/posts.