PGCIL Recruitment 2018 for Diploma Trainee and Technician Trainee – 55 Posts.
PGCIL Recruitment 2018:
Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL), is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic persons to join its fold as Diploma Trainees (Electrical/ Civil), & Jr. Technician Trainees (Electrical) as detailed below:
Total No of Posts: 55 Posts
Name of Post and Education Qualifications:
➽ Diploma Trainee (Electrical): 25 Posts
➽ Diploma Trainee (Civil): 05 Posts
➽ Technician Trainee (Electrical): 25 Posts
Diploma Trainee (Electrical): Diploma in Electrical Engineering from recognized Technical Board/ Institute, with minimum 70% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years for General / OBC (NCL) and pass marks for SC / ST / PWD (OH-OL).
Diploma Trainee (Civil): Diploma in Civil Engineering from recognized Technical Board/ Institute, with minimum 70% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years for General / OBC (NCL) / STand pass marks for SC.
Technician Trainee (Electrical): ITI in Electrician Trade of Two Years duration from a recognized Institute.
Age Limits: Upper Age limit as on 02/10/2018 27 Years. (Age Relaxation is applicable for the reserved vacancy as per the extant norms)
Application Fees: For Diploma Trainee (Electrical / Civil) Rs. 300 and for Junior Technician Trainee (Electrical) Rs. 200. The SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM/Departmental Candidates need not pay the registration fee regardless of the post being reserved for them or not.
Selection Process: Computer Based Test (CBT) shall be of Objective Type of two-hours duration consisting of two parts:
- Part-I consists of Professional Knowledge Test having 120 questions of respective discipline.
- Part-II consists of Supervisory Aptitude Test (for Diploma Trainees-Electrical/Civil) & General Aptitude test (for Junior Technician Trainee – Electrical) having 50 questions on vocabulary, verbal comprehension, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, ability to determine data sufficiency, interpretation of graphs/ charts/ tables, numerical ability etc.
- For Supervisor Posts – To qualify against unreserved vacancies of the Supervisory Grade Posts (Diploma Trainees) candidates have to score at least 40% marks in Computer Based Test (CBT) along with at least 30% marks in Part I and II of the test separately. For reserved vacancies, the qualifying criteria in Computer Based Test (CBT) are 30% marks with at least 25% marks scored in Part I and II separately.
- For Workmen Posts – (Junior Technician Trainee-Electrical)- To qualify candidates to have to score a minimum aggregate of 40% marks (Part I & II combined) in case of Unreserved vacancies and the minimum aggregate of 30% marks (Part I & II combined) for reserved vacancies.
- All questions carry equal marks. For Wrong or multiple answers, candidates would get negative marks (¼ the marks for each wrong/multiple choices made).
Eligible and Interested candidates required to online application through official website of https://www.powergridindia.com. The step by step process for submitting the application form is given below:
Step-I: Registration of Personal Details, and Contact details. Login Id and password will be sent to you through e-mail on registered e-Mail Id.
Step-II: Login to complete the Personal Details, Qualification Details, Declaration.
Step-III: The payment of Application Fee after 24 hours through Online mode via Debit card, Credit card or Internet banking through State Bank collect System of State Bank of India.